For the choux pastry :
- 1 choux pastry mix pouch
- 10cl hot water
- 3 eggs
For the pastry cream :
- 20cl milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 30 g Francine extra-fine flour
- 2 tablespoons Banania
- Start by preheating the oven to 210°C (thermostat 7).
- In a large bowl, beat 3 eggs and add hot water while stirring carefully. Pour in the contents of one mix packet and combine by stirring for a few minutes to obtain a soft dough.
- Using two teaspoons, make little balls of dough and place them on a lightly greased baking sheet. Be sure to space the choux well, because they will puff up during cooking.
- Slide your baking sheet into the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the choux. Once baked, let them cool while preparing the pastry cream.
- In a saucepan, boil the milk.
- In a large bowl, whisk the 2 egg yolks rapidly with the vanilla sugar. Add the extra-fine flour and Banania, and mix together.
- Slowly pour the boiling milk into the large bowl while stirring with a whisk.
- Put the mixture back into the saucepan and let it simmer, whisking continually until the cream thickens.
- Pour the cream into a bowl and allow to cool, stirring occasionally to prevent a film from forming on the surface.
- Cut the tops off the choux, fill each with a teaspoon of cream, and replace the tops.